Each Test case is built using a series of Quick Test Professional Functions. Each function executes Quick Test Professional code to input data onto a screen.
Each object in the Quick Test Professional Function resides in the Object Repository, thus allowing Quick Test Professional to identify all fields in the application.
• Each test case uses functions. Each function is either an applet on a screen or a whole screen depending on the amount of fields.
• Each function is named AUT_Screen Name e.g. MyApps_Close_Application
• Every field/object on the screen or applet must be learnt into the object repository and renamed where required to a more meaningful screen name.
• Each function library must reside as .vbs file
• All functions are accessible via the step generator.
* Initial Condition
Automated test scripts must begin from the same starting point. It is best practise to end all open browsers and start the Application under Test from the beginning. This ensures that all scripts can run back to back in an unattended batch mode.
* Start Up Script
The start up script will copy all functions from the LAN and load them on the C Drive of the PC executing the test case. It will also build the infrastructure libraries if they don’t exist.
* Test case Failure / Exception condition handling
All Quick Test Professional functions must use an exception handling framework. This allows any Quick Test Professional function to fail, report the failure and backout of the application. The exception handling framework is built by:
An Environment Variable set in the Quick Test Professional startup_script set as ENVIRONMENT(EXCEPTION_COND)=”N”.