Certified Software Test Manager(CSTM) certification is provided by STQC IT Service Centre, India.
About CSTM Certification:
- CSTM certification is a formal recognition of competenceof practicing professionals
- It is the process of validation ad recognition of knowledge, skills and personal attributes among the testing professionals
- Professionals need to demonstrate their proficiency within a specified BOK of CSTM.
The Objectives of CSTM certification are as follows:
- Enable software professionals to acquire skills of software testing through training
- Enable them to become eligible for CSTM certification examinations
- Help them to acheive professional certification.
- Enable them to implement the knowledge and skills on software testing (Verification & Validation techniques) in day to day jobs.
People with the following job profiles will benefit from this course / certification:
- Software Testing Professionals
- Test Leads/Managers
- Members of Software Quality Assurance Group (SQA)
- Members of Software Engineering Process Group (SEPG)
The Eligibility Criteria for CSTM Certification is as follows:
- Bachelors degree in engineering or Master degree in Science / Computer Science with at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Diploma in Engineering or Bachelors degree with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- The work experience should be relevant to the title and should be in the field of software
development, inspection, reviews, testing and/or QA.
Must have attended the CSTM refresher course conducted at any STQC IT Service Centre.
Body of knowledge:
- CSTM – An Introduction [General Information; no Questions]
- Software Testing Introduction
- Testing Standards & best practices [25 Marks] i.e. 25 one mark questions
- Static Testing [15 Marks] i.e. 15 one mark questions
- Dynamic Testing [30(5+25) Marks] i.e. 5 one mark questions and 5 descriptive type questions
- Testing throughout the life cycle [30 Marks] i.e. 30 one mark questions
- Test Management [50(25+25) Marks] i.e. 25 one mark questions and 5 descriptive type questions
The above information is also available in CSTM Course Material. Please refer the course material for any future updation.
The body of knowledge for CSTM contains below essential knowledge areas of software development lifecycle. These modules are available in CSTM course book Version 5:
- CSTM Introduction
- Principles of Testing
- Testing Standards ad best practices
- Static Testing
- Dynamic Testing
- Testing throughout the life cycle
- Test Management
Participants (scoring >=60% marks) will be awarded “Certificate of Achievement”.
The CSTM certification will make you confident to undertake test management activities and a professional pride in belonging to the School of Certified Professionals.
For further detailed information of the Certification please check the following link: